Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Smile, Darn Ya, Smile!

Amazon recently launched Smile, a way to shop and help charities to get money. This is noble and devious. The noble part is obvious, The devious part is the smile. And I'm not talking about McDonald's horrible mistake.

Normally, when I go to Amazon, I type "amazon" in my browser and off I go. now, I type "smile" and if just feels better. Fun even. OH MY GOD THEY'RE CONDITIONING ME TO ENJOY THEIR SHOPPING! Seriously though, it does seem a little insidious.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of donating some of those corporate dollars to charities. It's not altruistic as it's going to help drum up business and allow them tax write-offs. That perfectly fine. But every time I shop on their site... SMILE!

Whoever thought of this is freaking genius. Not the charity thing, that's been done plenty of times before this. No, the Smile is the stroke that makes me come back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place your comment here and thanks for your opinion!