Friday, August 31, 2012

Java 6 and 7 updated

A short while ago, I wrote about an exploit in Java 7 that made computers, regardless of operating system or browser, very vulnerable. Thursday, an update was released for Java 7 (update 7) that fixes this. An update was released for Java 6 (update 35) as well. Needless to say, it would behoove you to download and install the updates you need.

Myself, I use Java 6 and 7. I have a few older programs that won't work with 7, so I keep 6 around for that very reason. All in all, I haven't been too disappointed with Java. That's the main reason I'm taking college courses to learn Java programming.

Now, a lot of people are still saying if you don't need Java, you should uninstall it still. It's like that weight set you bought and never used; it's just lying there, taking up space, and someone could trip over it. The difference? That weight set cost you money, Java is free. So if you don't need Java, you can uninstall it and install it later if you do need it. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place your comment here and thanks for your opinion!