Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wish I had a car

A little more than a year ago, I had a little blue '85 Chevy S-10. She got me where I needed to go. Then her engine block cracked in 3 places. Needless to say, I was sad.

Now, I mostly rely on foot power and public transportation. I don't mind it, but there's a certain freedom that comes with having a vehicle. Munchies? Drive right down to the burger joint. College? I'll get there at my own leisurely pace. Time for work? Just gotta get in and drive.

There were downsides, to be sure. Gas, insurance, maintenance, all of these cost money. But that's part of the problem of having such a toy; you have to keep it going if you want to play with it.

While I miss my old girl, I do take a little heart in the money we're not spending on the costs that come with it. Maybe instead of driving to the burger joint, we'll order out for a pizza. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place your comment here and thanks for your opinion!