Thursday, August 23, 2012

Up all night

I remember when I was a kid, the USA network had a "show" called USA Up All Night. The movies ran the gamut of material, from corny to risque. I miss that show. Especially now when I'm living the title.

Anytime you stay up WAY past your bed time, you know it's not a good idea, but you stay up anyway. You enjoy that soft feeling of fatigue and that gentle puffiness on your eyelids. You toys with the ideas that dance around in your head. Or you veg out in front of the TV.

I'm not saying it's healthy, but sometimes you get more cross trying to lay down and sleep when you know you won't. Your mind just lays there and tortures you. You think of random things that just bloom from out of nowhere, some of them funny, some of them making you question the amount of medication you're taking.

I'll be honest, the internet is not something to get on when you're tired. Not because you may post the wrong thing in 4chan, but because it requires interaction. You mind has to focus on it. TV, on the other hand, you just turn it on and let your mind devour all the junk that comes out.

Next time, I'm going to see if I can find an old B-movie somewhere on TV and just drift off. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place your comment here and thanks for your opinion!